IKLAN

Friday, November 6, 2009

You raise me up..

The title above pretty gives the clue what I’m going to talk about today..my parents..

"And your Lord has commanded that you shall not serve (any) but Him, and goodness to your parents. If either or both of them reach old age with you, say not to them (so much as) "Ugh" nor chide them, and speak to them a generous word. And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: O my Lord! Have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) little." Noble Qur'an (17:23-24)


Each and every day I am grateful to my parents who have sacrificed a lot to raise me up throughout my life. To me,my parents are my heroes. Because of everything they’ve accomplished. The sacrifices. My parents didn’t think of themselves, because had they thought of themselves. And it worked, and their dreams came true, and I see how proud they are.”

“I always had this sense of wanting to give back. I struggled very hard to make them proud of me..I think all of us kids – we’ve actually talked about it – we want our parents to be proud of us, because we saw the sacrifice that they made for us, we live with it every day. You know, they gave up so much for us.

No comments: